Wednesday, January 19, 2011

first post. contemplative.

cracker.
hi.
juice.
no.
yeah.
baby.
doggie.
up.
down.
more.
cookie.
door.
car.
cow.
book.
run.
bubble.

hmm.

That's not even 20 words. Are those the only I can come up with?

My son turns 2 on Friday. I was thinking he knows, oh, about, 25, 30 words. But right now I can only think about, like, 17.

Break. "Shoe," very recently. Block. Ball. That makes 21, right? "Bye bye." "Okay." "Uh oh."

Well... and he counts. Sometimes. I mean to ten. He usually doesn't skip around. But he won't do it all the time.

My son is a peculiar kiddo. He does not talk as often as I'd like him to. Six months ago, he was diagnosed with moderate to severe autism. He only had, oh, about, 7 words at that point. Down from about 15 when he was 15 months.

Go. Light. He says "Ba-Ba" for Spongebob and "Gay" for Again. A-ma for Grandma and A-pa for Grandpa. Da-da. I think he only repeats Ma-ma and never means it. In.

I'm getting a little anxious, as his 2nd birthday is approaching.  I recently cancelled his appointments with the state ECI services because I found it a total waste of time. Private speech services are the way to go.

A year ago my whole life was so different. ...A year before that, I suppose my whole life was so different than last year, and the same goes for the year before that...

Motherhood, huh? Full of suprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment